Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Monday, March 29, 2010

Busy Monday!

This morning I was busy doing emails and getting my daily schedule ready. I have been doing a daily schedule more recently and I am finding it very helpful to get stuff finished that I need to get finished. Otherwise my mind will wander and start thinking about stuff like bikes or poker or reading or oh wait a pretty girl walking on the street...lol!
Todays email was to OAT. I then received some great news that they are going to allow the Fighting Koalas to compete in the club championships in Guelph Lake 1 this June 19 and 20th! KW Fighting Koalas also received our confirmation that we are now affiliated with OAT! Huge step forward for my club and the Koalas as a whole. I am planning on getting a group campsite set up at Guelph Lake for the weekend for my club for all members and their families. Really looking forward to the weekend!
Then it was off to the pool for noon swim. Other triathletes swim on Monday and they all kind of swim together. Me, I was doing my own swim but swam close to them and was able to get some good pacing. My main set was 3x400m and 6x100m. The focus was to swim to a target time of 6:40 for the 400 and 1:35 for the 100. I swam 6:55, 7:00 and 7:05. I felt ok in the water though even if I was off my pace time. For the 100's I was around 1:40-1:42. Hard set and it was really the first time this year I have done a big 400 set.
I then debated of either an indoor spin for 30 minutes or an easy outdoor 1 hour ride. I opted for the 30 minute spin due to time constraints. The rest of this week the weather is suppose to be sunny and warm! Nice for biking and getting members out for the Tuesday run and Wednesday bike practice this week. Tomorrow is another busy day as we have our noon swim then the 6:30pm run practice.
Swim fast, bike hard and run like the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment