Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Now I'm getting stoked!

Now I'm getting stoked! Another person emailed me today and wants to sign up to the KW Fighting Koalas! So exciting and now keeping me busy. Today was swim at noon at WLU pool, long course edition. The main set was 6x50m on 1:02, 6x50m on 0:58, 6x50m on 1:02, and 6x50m on 0:52. If you push too hard on this set you will suffer, but if you pace yourself you get a nice little breather and go again, and again. I then hurried home and confirmed a meeting for tomorrow after the bike practise, the interested person said she can make it out to the bike practise and then we will sign her up! Woohoo!!
Then tonight at 6:30pm was our run practise at Waterloo Park. Amy Mausser startes the pracise and I came a little later and showed them a few drills. These drills are easy to learn but a little harder to master them. They are definitely worth doing and incorporated into any type of run. Same with the bike practise tomorrow. Drills and biking skills. So much fun being a coach and teaching people these new drills and skills and seeing them progress. I can not wait until race season and the club championships at Guelph Lakes 1 June 19th and 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment