Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Southern winds

Today was another beautiful warm albeit windy day. South winds of 24 to 35km/h made for a very warm April day, 26c. My friend and Koalas member Brent (seen here in the picture, all yellow) and I biked out to Milverton and back. We started out not 100% sure which direction we were going and just let our bikes take us down the road. So Milverton it was which worked out good because we were able to stop at the local convenience store for food and drinks for the ride back. The ride back is when we encountered the southern winds. Not full on but more of a cross wind. I was very much watching my heart rate and keeping in my training zone while also keeping my cadence high.
So if I was in a gearing where the heart rate started to climb out of the zone I would gear down. Here are my stats from today's ride. Total distance was 81.4kms, average pace 27.2km/h, average heart rate 134, calories burned 2343, average cadence 95. Very happy with this ride as most of my riding time was in zone 2, felt strong uphill and into the wind. Also is was so warm and sunny how can you complain for April 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment