Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Friday, April 2, 2010

27c!

Good Friday and it is 27c outside! So the three of us did a nice bike ride today through Bamberg and down Sandhills Rd which was pretty much into the wind of 20+ km/h from the s/w. The s/w wind made from some tricky cross winds along Sandhills and not as much of a tailwind as I thought we would get. One of our riders had smashed his knee at work earlier in the week and started to feel it hurt part way through. We slowed down to not leave him miles behind and my overall pace was only a little over 25 km/h with a low average heart rate, which was totally fine with me as I was still feeling tired from the previous day.
Very lucky too have this type of weather this early in the year and if the rest of the weekend is this nice I will get out again tomorrow and Sunday. Last year I did over 3000 kms of outdoor riding and I plan to get as much early season outdoor mileage as I can. I must say though that I did have a really nice power nap after I got home!
Tomorrow morning I will be going to meet another person that wants to sign up for the club, and a referral from a new member (you know who you are), thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment