Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Sunday, March 7, 2010

First outdoor bike of the season!

Nothing better to reinvigorate the training than to finally get outside for the first bike ride of the season! On a beautiful sunkissed day I did a 50km ride. It was only 5C and the wind was about 20km/h from the west so I was going into the wind for the first half of the ride. I felt pretty good climbing the Bamberg hills and was able to regulate my heart rate fairly effectively. On the way back had the wind at my back now and was of course much easier, 20 minutes quicker in fact! Now I can not wait until I am able to use my friends Blue triathlon bike this year. He does not like it for some reason and is going to let me use it. It pretty much fits me but I will make sure it does and then get some nice riding on it. Lots of other bikers out taking advantage of the nice weather, good to see. Bike on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment