Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weather is getting nice again!

Weather is getting nice again so you know what that means? No not yard work, biking!! Yesterday I did a 50km ride around noon time. Tricky little south-east wind but not too bad. Coming back from Wellesley was a little slower but I think the wind shifted a bit before I made it home. Good ride. Tried to pick up the pace a little bit earlier in ride and I noticed my heart rate was mostly in the upper level of my aerobic threshold. I think I was a little tired still from a late Monday night.
Then it was the Koalas bike practise at 6:30pm. Beautiful night for more biking although it was a tad smelly! A farmer decided it was a good day to spread some manure onto his fields and it was terrible bad...phew. The practise went very well. We did one-legged drills, some super spins, sub-max tempo laps and finally three hill repeats. For the hill repeats the two ladies were talking a wee bit of smack to each other for the title Queen of the Hill! All in fun but maybe in a couple of weeks I will get them to race up the hill?
Afterwards, three of us went for a little after practise refreshment to wash down all the road riding. Nice way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment