Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Friday, April 9, 2010

Todays swim session

Today for Koalas hit the noon swim at WLU pool! Nice to see the members coming out this week. I especially liked the main workout that we did after a 3x200m warm up we did 100m pull, 4x25m on 0:25, 100m pull, 4x25m on 0:25, 100m pull, 4x25m on 0:25, 100m pull then 100m fast! I did it in 1:27, not bad not great. 100m pull, 100 kick then 2x100m easy. I then did a little more swimming with the other members in "Catch the coach"! Such fun :) Nice to see the ladies in the club getting out to swim and not feel intimidated by us guys..lol. Not very likely. Hopefully next week I see more of the members out for the noon swims and the scheduled Saturday swim at noon.
After the swim I heading over to the coffee shop to meet up with a potential new Koalas member! He is in university and will be finished in a couple of weeks so I invited him out for tomorrow mornings biking 101 practise and after he is done his exams will we get him started on some serious training. These young guys are great because I can really torture him even worse than I do with my buddy and they recover so much quicker then us old guys. Seriously though, endurance, skill development and consistent training is the key. Get him on the right path now and it will pay off for years to come.
Up next for tomorrow is the Biking 101 practice! Just hope it warms up and the wind dies down because it is cold and windy out today...brrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment