Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Friday, April 23, 2010

Practice day and Koalas are growing again!

So today I went to the Rec centre pool for a 11am, 45min swim with a Koala followed by an hour bike ride. The swim we just did a longer type of swim for the 45mins only stopping a few times. Can't say that I enjoyed the swim due to the pool being very cloudy and it seemed to slightly burn my face, like I've been out in the hot sun all day, blah.
Then for the bike we headed towards Bamberg but not quite going all the way into Bamberg. Mostly going over gear selection and how to climb hills properly but mostly just to get out for the member to get a bit longer ride in with me leading the way to keep her motivated!
Then off for a badly needed massage. Oh the pain in my shoulders and neck, ouch! The muscles felt like boulders and took a lot of work for then to release. I also have a little tightness inside my left thigh that was very sensitive to the work but did release nicely. Now after my supper I will be icing it down. My masseuse gave me a couple of stretches for my inner thigh that I will have to do alot, then ice it down. Oh, I also have an appointment set up for next Thursday with the sports doctor to finally look at the MRI done on my right knee. Slow going but we are progressing. Lets hope its not too badly damaged and I will be able to start running this summer!!
Now, after all this the KW Fighting Koalas has grown again!! Another person has joined the club today and is very excited, as am I! So much fun coaching everyone and seeing them progress and get better and fitter and working towards the upcoming races this summer :)
Ok time to eat, I am starving. (then ice the leg).

No comments:

Post a Comment