Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Koalas bike practice

Wednesday night is Koalas bike practice night, 6:30 starting at Rim Park. I was there a little before 6:30 and no one was there. I was starting to think no one was going to show up then within 1 minute four people showed up! Well actually five but he did not join us on his mountain bike and went on his own. I did find out afterwards one other member showed up and then left on his own thinking we were already gone out!
Tonight's workout was harder than I thought it was going to be. Two laps of one legged drills, two laps of super spins, three laps of dropping down one gear each lap but keeping the same cadence from the starting gear to ending gear. You have to start easier because it gets harder and on the backstretch of the loop was a wicked wind. We then did two hill repeats, first one at 85% and second one full out! We did it grand prix style, sending off the weakest to strongest! Yep, that was hard! But I am really enjoying the Wednesday session, lots of fun and good company. It is fun to dish out the punishment but I did really feel it tonight on the last hill but after that I was good. Just wait til I start getting them doing hard intervals! I don't know if they realize that yet....hehehehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment