Kitchener Waterloo Fighting Koalas

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

2 a days

Two a day workouts are hard. They are also paying off. First was the noon swim. I have been having a hard time relaxing lately but I forced myself to relax today in the pool. But it wasn't until late in the session on 2x200m when I did finally relax and get my times back down to where I know I can swim. When I do this it feels so close to a major breakthrough of time dropping but I would have to swim everyday for that to happen.
Then it was off for a bike ride shortly after the swim. At first my legs were kind of screaming at me and my mind was trying to tell me sitting on the couch would be way better. But I pushed through knowing at some point it would get better, and it did. I ended up having a decent ride, fastest this year so far. I have managed to get almost 500kms of outdoor riding so far this spring and I don't even think I got out last year til this time. 17 degrees with a small west wind made for a nice riding day. Got home and did some nice stretching, trying to loosen up my legs. I think I need to book a massage for next week as my legs tend to get very thick and if I'm not careful I get cramps. Not good.
Then tonight's run practice at 6:30pm and only one member came out. Glad she did but where are the rest of the members? Something I will have to look into and see why they are not coming out to this session. Up tomorrow is the 6:30 bike practice which has been well attended! Nice weather this week so no excuses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment